The GameCube product was launched by Nintendo and quickly it took up the market. The major reason behind being GameCube so popular is it’s low memory and graphics requirements.
It was launched in 2001 and was the first console to use the optical disk as the primary memory. It required smaller disk sizes and allowed playing games using modern adapters.
Within a very short span of time, Nintendo managed to get around 22 million sales worldwide before it discontinued in 2017. In terms of performance, GameCube surpassed the performance of Sony PS2 but was a little lower than the Xbox One.
You may check about Xbox one emulators here. As Nintendo is no longer available (check Nintendo 3DS Emulator for Android) and so, in this post, we will talk about the best GameCube emulator for PC, Android, and MAC systems.
- 1 GameCube Specifications
- 2 5 Best GameCube Emulators for Android, PC, and MAC
Here are some of the specifications of GameCube and the best GameCube emulators we are going to talk about will have similar specifications.
- Contemporary cube shape
- 4 controller ports
- 2 memory card slots
- 485MHz custom CPU with 162MHz custom graphics processor
- Capacity for future modem/broadband connection
- 40MB total memory; 2.6 GB per second memory bandwidth
- 12M polygons per second; texture read bandwidth 10.4 GB per second
- 64 audio channels available
- Dimensions 4.5″ x 5.9″ x 6.3″
- 3-inch Optical Disc Technology (1.5 gigabytes)
5 Best GameCube Emulators for Android, PC, and MAC
The emulators we’re going to talk about here are the best GameCube emulators for Android, PC, Linux, and MAC. You can use these without any hassle and ensure an amazing experience.
#1 Dolphin Emulator (Best GameCube Emulator for PC and Android)
Dolphin Emulator has proven to be the best GameCube Emulator for Android and PC systems. It supports the following two major Nintendo gaming console-
So, even if you’re looking for a Wii emulator, Dolphin is the answer for you. If you’re looking for a high definition gaming console for GameCube, the Dolphin emulator is the right solution. And that is why we said, Dolphin as the best GameCube emulator as it provides high definition gaming console.
Another best thing with the Dolphin emulator is, it is under open source project where anyone can make valuable development. And so, it keeps on upgrading and adding long-lasting values for the users.
Currently, the Dolphin emulator is working perfectly for all the major operating systems. Although there are a few minor bugs that are expected to be resolved in the coming releases. You can download Dolphin Emulator which is the top GameCube emulator from the link below.
Features of Dolphin Emulator
- Game state can be saved and reloaded as and when required
- Offers you to play games in HQ (1080p) resolution
- Use anti-aliasing graphics feature
- Can provide an excellent experience with other Nintendo games as well
Pros and Cons of Dolphin Emulator
- Fast and stable for all major os
- Better graphics support
- Can control and adjust the configuration
- Support other Nintendo games as well
- You may experience some lag with other games
#2 Dolwin Emulator- Top GameCube Emulator for PC
Dolwin is another GameCube emulators for windows created by OR9. This emulator has been developed in the C language with some x86 programming. It is based on the power PC derivative processor and supports the majority of games of Nintendo.
It is got an amazing interface that is user-friendly as well. It also supports high-level emulation and hardware emulation.
As per the official site, it doesn’t run any commercial games for now which may change in the future. And also, it is only available for Windows users.
Dolwin Emulator Features
- You can control the interface configuration
- It also supports fullscreen
- Accurate emulation
- User-friendly interface
Pros and Cons of Dolwin Emulator
- Accurate Emulation
- DVDR plugin
- Amazing graphics and sound
- Commercial games are not supported
- Old Windows OS are not supported
#3 WhineCube Emulator
Due to its ability to handle DOL and ELF format and great graphics and sound quality, WhineCube Emulator is another top GameCube Emulator for PC, Android, and MAC.
The WhineCube emulator has also been developed using the C++ language. Like the Dolwin emulator it also doesn’t support any commercial games.
The emulator allows an option to turn it on and off the debugger. Also, it has an interpreter and compiler with primitive HLE systems.
It is one of the fastest emulators and you can even control the system configuration. Currently, the emulator is available for windows. For other OS, the development is in progress which may be released soon. You may keep an eye on this space or official site to get updates.
WhineCube Emulator Feature
- Superfast Emulator
- Support HLE system, compiler, and debugger
- Can control configuration like other emulators
Pros and Cons of WhineCube Emulator
- Support old windows OS as well
- Amazing graphics and sound support
- Active developer community
- Don’t have DSP assembler
- Can crash sometime as it is unstable for now
Currently available for Windows operating system, SuperGCube is another GameCube emulator. Maybe later it can be seen on other platforms as well but for now only available for Windows.
If you’re following the GameCube emulators then you might have come to know that the GCube emulator was closed. And now this Super GCube is a new form of discontinued GCube emulator. It has been launched with a few major features and upgrades.
The major changes we experienced are-
- High performance
- And Better emulator
The emulator has interpreter mode and soon developers are launching the recompiler mode
- Optimized for high performance
- Great emulator
- Open-source emulator
- Great graphics and platform
Pros and Cons:
- Better graphics
- Great sound effect
- Configuration can be controlled
- Only support a few commercial games
- Crashes sometimes as it is still unstable
#5 GCEmu Emulator
GCEmu Emulator can be your last option when looking for the GameCube Emulator. It was developed way back in 2005 but still, it is a kind of incomplete. And while using this emulator you may experience some technical glitches.
It is also available for Windows and doesn’t have support for ROM and so for using ROM you need to use Browser. The positive thing about GCEmu Emulator is, it uses recompilation techniques for good speed.
- Fast emulator
- Provides good speed for games
Pros and Cons:
Fast emulating process
- Incomplete emulator
- Have bugs and crashes many times
These were all about the top 5 best Gamecube emulators which you can use. You can use these emulators for commercials games (some of them allows) as well.
All these Top emulators for GameCube are optimized for high performance and share some great sound and platform. The only con with these emulators are, they are not 100% complete and so you might experience crashes sometimes. But you may expect these rectified in the near future.